Once you eat a Pulled Pork Hot Dog aka Deputy Dog you’ll start cooking pulled pork just to have some leftover for your hot dogs.
Chili is a fine topping but we’re pulled pork converts here!
- Start with a good all beef hot dog.
- Grill it and the bun. We like to brush a little butter on our bun before toasting.
- Add the dog to the bun and top with some warmed pulled pork.
- Add cheese and melt either back on the grill or under the broiler.
- Finish with some BBQ sauce.
- You can get creative with additional toppings such as onions, jalapenos, or coleslaw.
We’re not sure if Woodys in Hartford, CT invented the Deputy Dog but they have become famous for it. Theirs is a foot-long topped with pulled pork, melted cheddar cheese and BBQ sauce.
Check out this video from Man v Food when Adam visits Woodys.
So instead of the same old boring hot dogs… next time try a Pulled Pork Hot Dog.